- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Jun 21 2018 - Jun 22 2018
- Time: 20:00 - 16:00
- Thirty-Ninth Regular Meeting of the Conference of Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community
- Jul 04 2018 - Jul 06 2018
- All day
CARICOM Electric Vehicle Technology Expo (EV-lution II)
Register for the CARICOM Electric Vehicle Technology Expo (EV-lution II) HERE
The CARICOM Electric Vehicle Technology Expo (“EV-lution II”) is scheduled for 22 June 2018 at the Sir Garfield Sobers Gymnasium in Barbados. The expo is an information sharing and awareness raising event which will provide an opportunity for targeted stakeholders, as well as the participants from the general public, to interact directly, through test-driving and other hands-on activities, as well as virtually, through video presentations and animations, with electric vehicle and charging technologies.
Participants at the expo will learn about, inter alia:
1. Electric vehicle designs, to include details on engineering and performance trends for electric motors and power electronics;
2. Charging technologies, to include electricity supply (charging) technologies and interfaces for fast charging;
3. Battery technology and applications, to include disruptive steps in battery technology development and trends; and
4. Cost and performance trends, to include improvements in range and other comparative indicators relative to other propulsion technologies.
An Electric Mobility (ElMo) Workshop, 20-21 June 2018, will precede the expo and has been designed to address a multitude of factors, including technological developments and breakthroughs, policy support, deployment of charging infrastructure, production capacity, future customer needs for mobility and the requirements for acceptance of new technologies, and economic parameters such as vehicle production cost, as well as the cost of freight and duty, and energy prices. It is envisioned that some outcomes from the workshop will be shared with expo participants.